Ali is WALKING!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Quick update from Ali:


I saw my surgeon Wednesday, and he said that I am progressing well. He gave me the thumbs up to start walking - gradually and slowly - and I am now wearing a normal tennis shoe rather than the boot. Additionally, he wrote me a script for two weeks of physical therapy. I saw my therapist yesterday, and she gave me a series of exercises to do 2-3 times a day. She told me that if I am a "good" patient, I might be jogging again in 4-8 weeks. I really didn't expect such a wonderful prognosis.

The best news is that I can pick up and carry Henry now. Yes, I (we) move slowly, but we are movin' - and that's all that matters. It is an amazing feeling to be taking care of my baby again. 

And I cannot thank everyone enough for their continued support throughout this ordeal. We have been blessed with incredible help - thank you all so much. And thank you for your prayers. These last few weeks have tested me greatly, and I am so thankful that I have had God on my side. He is so good to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEaaaaaa for Ali:) xoxo

nhsphoto said...

yay ali! that's great news. good luck with movin around again! And yay for Henry, too! I'm sure he'll be happy to have mama back to normal:)

Monica said...

I am so happy for you!! That is awesome news. I miss ya Ali!!

Allecia said...

That is good news (although I never heard the full story on what happened). I love the new look of your blog. I just started one for my family. Come check it out sometime. Your little guy gets cuter by the second I think!